UPDATE: Fourth Person Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms At Loomis Elder Care Facility

LOOMIS (CBS13) – A fourth person has died after eating poisonous mushrooms used in a soup at an assisted living home in Placer County earlier this month.

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office identified the woman as Dorothy Mary Hart, 92. She died in an Auburn nursing home on Thanksgiving Day. She had been transferred there from a Sacramento area hospital.

Three people had already died after eating soup made with wild mushrooms at the Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility on Horseshoe Bar Road in Loomis on Nov. 8.

The three previous victims have been identified as 90-year-old Frank Warren Blodgett, 86-year-old Barbara Lopes and 73-year-old Teresa Olesniewicz.

The Gold Age Villa Elder Care Facility is licensed to hold up to six residents.

The incident is still under investigation by the Department of Social Services, the agency that licenses senior care facilities. There is no criminal case pending in Placer County, the sheriff’s office said.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Listen Live