Truckee Sex Offender Jailed; Home Too Near Daycare
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 20-year-old sex offender in Truckee has been arrested after police say he lied about the location of his residence.
Truckee police say Gustavo Ramirez moved into the town in October 2012 and registered as a local sex offender as required by law. But detectives say that during a routine check on Nov. 21, they verified he’d been deceitful about his true residence and its proximity to a local day care facility.
Ramirez was arrested on Monday on suspicion of violating his parole and failing to register. He’s been booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s sub-station jail in Truckee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.