Truckee Sex Offender Jailed; Home Too Near Daycare
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 20-year-old sex offender in Truckee has been arrested after police say he lied about the location of his residence.
Truckee police say Gustavo Ramirez moved into the town in October 2012 and registered as a local sex offender as required by law. But detectives say that during a routine check on Nov. 21, they verified he’d been deceitful about his true residence and its proximity to a local day care facility.
Ramirez was arrested on Monday on suspicion of violating his parole and failing to register. He’s been booked into the Nevada County Sheriff’s sub-station jail in Truckee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.