Fed Ex To Handle 19 Million Packages
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fed Ex crews will be working extra hard Monday for the will be the busiest day in the company’s history as officials expect to handle 19 million packages.
The 300,000 regular FedEx team members along with about 20,000 seasonal personnel will process more than 200 packages per second worldwide, company officials said.
Online shopping is the big reason behind the busy “Green Monday,” which falls on the second Monday of December, and is one of the most lucrative days of the year for online companies.
“Increased e-commerce spending is directly contributing to record holiday FedEx volumes and a 10 percent year-over-year increase in volume from 2011,” FedEx officials said in a statement.
At the FedEx Shipping Facility in Sacramento, crews started early Monday sorting and loading thousands of packages for delivery Monday.
Overall, FedEx expects to deliver 280 million packages over the the holiday season.