Fed Ex To Handle 19 Million Packages
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Fed Ex crews will be working extra hard Monday for the will be the busiest day in the company’s history as officials expect to handle 19 million packages.
The 300,000 regular FedEx team members along with about 20,000 seasonal personnel will process more than 200 packages per second worldwide, company officials said.
Online shopping is the big reason behind the busy “Green Monday,” which falls on the second Monday of December, and is one of the most lucrative days of the year for online companies.
“Increased e-commerce spending is directly contributing to record holiday FedEx volumes and a 10 percent year-over-year increase in volume from 2011,” FedEx officials said in a statement.
At the FedEx Shipping Facility in Sacramento, crews started early Monday sorting and loading thousands of packages for delivery Monday.
Overall, FedEx expects to deliver 280 million packages over the the holiday season.