3 Arrested In Sacramento County Man’s Death During Suspected Pot Robbery
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Three men have been arrested in the shooting death of a Sacramento County man earlier this year.
Sheriff’s homicide detectives arrested father and son Daniel Valine, 44, and Justin Valine, 23, in Sacramento County Wednesday afternoon and booked into jail, where they are being held without bail.
Kailan James, 22, was also arrested Wednesday in Phoenix, where he is in custody pending extradition to Sacramento County. All three men face charges of robbery and murder in the death of Kelly McClurg, 60.
On October 27 at about 9 p.m., deputies responded to a home located at Dillard Road and Highway 99 in the southern part of Sacramento County. An acquaintance McClurg’s had arrived to find him unresponsive inside the home. He had been shot multiple times and died from his injuries.
All three suspects are believed to have been acquainted with the victim, and detectives believe they went to McClurg’s home to rob him of marijuana, during which time he was fatally shot.