Bay Area Woman’s Sex Act Reveals Workers’ Comp Fraud
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
SAN MATEO (AP) — A sex romp in a public park has helped prosecutors convict a California woman of faking an ankle injury to collect workers’ compensation payments.
San Mateo County prosecutors say 29-year-old Modupe Adunni Martin reported the injury while working as a Sequoia Union High School District janitor in 2009.
Martin claimed she couldn’t walk and needed crutches.
District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says investigators caught Martin on videotape throwing her crutches into a car and running in high heels at a public park.
She then performed oral sex at the park on a boyfriend. Doctors concluded she couldn’t have done so with an injured ankle.
Martin pleaded no contest to fraud and was sentenced on Thursday to nine months in jail. She was also ordered to pay more than $79,000 in restitution.
A call to her attorney, Emily Andrews, on Friday was not immediately returned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.)