Stockton Man Wanted For Murder Found Shot To Death In Missouri
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) – A Stockton man who was wanted for murder in Butte County committed suicide last month, according to the sheriff’s office.
Paul Moreno, 34, was suspected in the death of Davis Groves Jr., 26, also from Stockton, after Butte County sheriff’s detectives found Groves buried in the back yard of a house in Yankee Hill on Aug. 28.
Groves was reported missing to Stockton police in March.
An arrest warrant was issued for Moreno, a convicted felon, on murder charges as well as drug and firearm charges, but the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office in Missouri confirmed that Moreno shot himself on Nov. 11.
During the search of the Butte County home, detectives found drug paraphernalia, a stolen vehicle and firearms.