Stockton Man Wanted For Murder Found Shot To Death In Missouri
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) – A Stockton man who was wanted for murder in Butte County committed suicide last month, according to the sheriff’s office.
Paul Moreno, 34, was suspected in the death of Davis Groves Jr., 26, also from Stockton, after Butte County sheriff’s detectives found Groves buried in the back yard of a house in Yankee Hill on Aug. 28.
Groves was reported missing to Stockton police in March.
An arrest warrant was issued for Moreno, a convicted felon, on murder charges as well as drug and firearm charges, but the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office in Missouri confirmed that Moreno shot himself on Nov. 11.
During the search of the Butte County home, detectives found drug paraphernalia, a stolen vehicle and firearms.