Stockton Man Wanted For Murder Found Shot To Death In Missouri
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
BUTTE COUNTY (CBS13) – A Stockton man who was wanted for murder in Butte County committed suicide last month, according to the sheriff’s office.
Paul Moreno, 34, was suspected in the death of Davis Groves Jr., 26, also from Stockton, after Butte County sheriff’s detectives found Groves buried in the back yard of a house in Yankee Hill on Aug. 28.
Groves was reported missing to Stockton police in March.
An arrest warrant was issued for Moreno, a convicted felon, on murder charges as well as drug and firearm charges, but the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office in Missouri confirmed that Moreno shot himself on Nov. 11.
During the search of the Butte County home, detectives found drug paraphernalia, a stolen vehicle and firearms.