Interim Sacramento Police Chief Announced
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The interim replacement for retiring Sacramento police Chief Rick Braziel has been announced.
Sacramento police Deputy Chief Dan Schiele was named today as the acting chief of police, effective Dec. 29.
“I am pleased to have Dan as our acting chief, Dan has been a valued member of the Sacramento Police Department for 31 years and I have complete confidence in his ability to keep the Department moving forward while the city selects its new Police Chief,” said City Manager John Shirey.
Shiele is a second-generation officer with the Sacramento Police Department, and has held several posts over the years. He has spent the last five years as the commander of Joseph E. Rooney Police Facility.
Schiele has not applied for the position of police chief.