Kings Asst. Coach Jackson And Filmmaker Deon Taylor Teaming Up Again For Charity
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Local filmmaker Deon Taylor and assistant Kings coach and former player Bobby Jackson are giving back to the community in a big way.
Jackson and Taylor are teaming up for their 4th annual charity event 500 Turkeys for 500 Families, but due to the increasing need this year, they’re doubling the donation and giving 1,000 turkeys to 1,000 families.
During last year’s event at Grant High School in Del Paso Heights, more people arrived than were expected, and Taylor and Jackson had to go out and buy additional food and gifts.
Since Loaves and Fishes were still in need of donations, Taylor and Jackson decided to donate all the food to them.
“There are a lot of different crises that happened across the world. A lot of these organizations don’t get what they normally get. It’s an important time for everyone to give back any way they can,” said Taylor.
Several local businesses have donated food as well.
Click here to visit the 500 Turkeys for 500 Families Facebook page.