2 Killed, 2 Hurt In SoCal Bus Bench Crash
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Police say two people have been killed and two others severely injured when a car plowed into a bus bench in the Southern California city of Riverside.
Officer Bryan Galbreath says the accident occurred about 1 p.m. Friday when a car mounted the sidewalk, crashed into a light pole and then into a bench where four people were waiting for a bus.
A woman and a girl were pronounced dead at the scene. A man and a woman were taken to the hospital with severe injuries.
Galbreath says the driver has been detained.
Identities have not been released.
Galbreath says police are investigating whether the driver was intoxicated.