2 Killed, 2 Hurt In SoCal Bus Bench Crash
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Police say two people have been killed and two others severely injured when a car plowed into a bus bench in the Southern California city of Riverside.
Officer Bryan Galbreath says the accident occurred about 1 p.m. Friday when a car mounted the sidewalk, crashed into a light pole and then into a bench where four people were waiting for a bus.
A woman and a girl were pronounced dead at the scene. A man and a woman were taken to the hospital with severe injuries.
Galbreath says the driver has been detained.
Identities have not been released.
Galbreath says police are investigating whether the driver was intoxicated.