2 Killed, 2 Hurt In SoCal Bus Bench Crash
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Police say two people have been killed and two others severely injured when a car plowed into a bus bench in the Southern California city of Riverside.
Officer Bryan Galbreath says the accident occurred about 1 p.m. Friday when a car mounted the sidewalk, crashed into a light pole and then into a bench where four people were waiting for a bus.
A woman and a girl were pronounced dead at the scene. A man and a woman were taken to the hospital with severe injuries.
Galbreath says the driver has been detained.
Identities have not been released.
Galbreath says police are investigating whether the driver was intoxicated.