4 People Killed In Highway 12 Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO/SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY LINE (CBS13) – Four people were killed Monday night in an apparent head-on collision on Highway 12 near the Sacramento/San Joaquin County line.
When the CHP officer arrived at the crash at around 9:15 p.m., he found one car in the ditch south of the highway with the driver and two passengers still inside, according to his report. All three were dead.
The second car was straddling the north and southbound lanes of Highway 12. The driver of that vehicle was also dead. No other passengers were in the car.
Both vehicles had “major front-end damage consistent with a head-on collision.” The exact cause of the collision remains under investigation. It’s also unknown if alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Highway 12 was closed about three and a half hours for the investigation, removal of the wreckage and transport of the victims.