4 People Killed In Highway 12 Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO/SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY LINE (CBS13) – Four people were killed Monday night in an apparent head-on collision on Highway 12 near the Sacramento/San Joaquin County line.
When the CHP officer arrived at the crash at around 9:15 p.m., he found one car in the ditch south of the highway with the driver and two passengers still inside, according to his report. All three were dead.
The second car was straddling the north and southbound lanes of Highway 12. The driver of that vehicle was also dead. No other passengers were in the car.
Both vehicles had “major front-end damage consistent with a head-on collision.” The exact cause of the collision remains under investigation. It’s also unknown if alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Highway 12 was closed about three and a half hours for the investigation, removal of the wreckage and transport of the victims.