4 People Killed In Highway 12 Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO/SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY LINE (CBS13) – Four people were killed Monday night in an apparent head-on collision on Highway 12 near the Sacramento/San Joaquin County line.
When the CHP officer arrived at the crash at around 9:15 p.m., he found one car in the ditch south of the highway with the driver and two passengers still inside, according to his report. All three were dead.
The second car was straddling the north and southbound lanes of Highway 12. The driver of that vehicle was also dead. No other passengers were in the car.
Both vehicles had “major front-end damage consistent with a head-on collision.” The exact cause of the collision remains under investigation. It’s also unknown if alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Highway 12 was closed about three and a half hours for the investigation, removal of the wreckage and transport of the victims.