4 People Killed In Highway 12 Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO/SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY LINE (CBS13) – Four people were killed Monday night in an apparent head-on collision on Highway 12 near the Sacramento/San Joaquin County line.
When the CHP officer arrived at the crash at around 9:15 p.m., he found one car in the ditch south of the highway with the driver and two passengers still inside, according to his report. All three were dead.
The second car was straddling the north and southbound lanes of Highway 12. The driver of that vehicle was also dead. No other passengers were in the car.
Both vehicles had “major front-end damage consistent with a head-on collision.” The exact cause of the collision remains under investigation. It’s also unknown if alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Highway 12 was closed about three and a half hours for the investigation, removal of the wreckage and transport of the victims.