4 People Killed In Highway 12 Head-On Crash
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO/SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY LINE (CBS13) – Four people were killed Monday night in an apparent head-on collision on Highway 12 near the Sacramento/San Joaquin County line.
When the CHP officer arrived at the crash at around 9:15 p.m., he found one car in the ditch south of the highway with the driver and two passengers still inside, according to his report. All three were dead.
The second car was straddling the north and southbound lanes of Highway 12. The driver of that vehicle was also dead. No other passengers were in the car.
Both vehicles had “major front-end damage consistent with a head-on collision.” The exact cause of the collision remains under investigation. It’s also unknown if alcohol played a factor in the crash.
Highway 12 was closed about three and a half hours for the investigation, removal of the wreckage and transport of the victims.