Driver Killed After Car Crashes Into School On Bradshaw Road
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – One person was killed Tuesday afternoon after a car drove through an intersection in Rancho Cordova and crashed into a school.
The accident happened at Bradshaw Road and Lincoln Village Drive at about 3:10 p.m. The car, a 2000 Mercury sedan was heading west at a high rate of speed on Lincoln Village when it drove over a traffic island on Bradshaw and continued through the intersection.
It then went through a fence at historic Edward Kelley School on the Sacramento County side of Bradshaw, up a ramp and came to rest upside down wedged between the building and playground, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
The driver, a 21-year-old man, was killed in the accident, but a passenger managed to walk away from the scene.
Rancho Cordova Police Department’s Traffic Unit is handling the investigation. No other vehicles were involved despite the car running through all eight lanes of Bradshaw Road.
Sacaramento County Sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said it’s still undetermined if the crash killed the driver or if he suffered some sort of medical condition. His name will be released by the coroner’s office.