Stockton Man Who Lived With Girlfriend’s Corpse Found Guilty Of Murder
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man who lived with his girlfriend’s badly decomposed body in a bathtub for several months was convicted of her murder on Wednesday.
Devon Omar Epps, 37, was arrested in December 2011 after the apartment manager went to evict him and discovered the body of Veronica Jones in the bathtub of the unit on E. Channel Street.
The jury found Epps guilty of all charges: premeditated murder, use of weapon other than a firearm, rape, murder by torture and corporal injury to a spouse or cohabitant.
Epps will be back in the San Joaquin County courtroom Thursday for the sanity phase of his trial. A judge ordered a mental evaluation for Epps after he acted strangely in court during his arraignment.