Stockton Man Who Lived With Girlfriend’s Corpse Found Guilty Of Murder
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man who lived with his girlfriend’s badly decomposed body in a bathtub for several months was convicted of her murder on Wednesday.
Devon Omar Epps, 37, was arrested in December 2011 after the apartment manager went to evict him and discovered the body of Veronica Jones in the bathtub of the unit on E. Channel Street.
The jury found Epps guilty of all charges: premeditated murder, use of weapon other than a firearm, rape, murder by torture and corporal injury to a spouse or cohabitant.
Epps will be back in the San Joaquin County courtroom Thursday for the sanity phase of his trial. A judge ordered a mental evaluation for Epps after he acted strangely in court during his arraignment.