Stockton Man Who Lived With Girlfriend’s Corpse Found Guilty Of Murder
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man who lived with his girlfriend’s badly decomposed body in a bathtub for several months was convicted of her murder on Wednesday.
Devon Omar Epps, 37, was arrested in December 2011 after the apartment manager went to evict him and discovered the body of Veronica Jones in the bathtub of the unit on E. Channel Street.
The jury found Epps guilty of all charges: premeditated murder, use of weapon other than a firearm, rape, murder by torture and corporal injury to a spouse or cohabitant.
Epps will be back in the San Joaquin County courtroom Thursday for the sanity phase of his trial. A judge ordered a mental evaluation for Epps after he acted strangely in court during his arraignment.