SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully In Arden-Arcade Neighborhood
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A standoff in the Arden Arcade area Wednesday night ended with the surrender of a man who had fired gunshots off inside a home and then refused to come out for two hours.
Douglas Cappa, 26, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail Thursday morning and is being held on $75,000 bail. He faces multiple charges including burglary, vandalism, reckless discharge of a firearm and false imprisonment.
Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies responded shortly before 9 p.m. to reports of shots fired on Wurth Court near Cottage Way.
The suspect was believed to be armed and refused to come out. That’s when the SWAT team moved in. Neighbors were evacuated during the negotiations.
“That’s about all I heard. They had someone across the street possibly and they were communicating with him on the phone,” evacuated neighbor David Howard said.
As the incident progressed, an adult managed to escape through a window along with four children, but Cappa refused to come out and he had an adult woman inside with him, Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
Shortly after 11 p.m., the woman came outside and was escorted to safety. Cappa came out moments later and was arrested, Ramos said.
A firearm was found inside the home.