SWAT Standoff Ends Peacefully In Arden-Arcade Neighborhood
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A standoff in the Arden Arcade area Wednesday night ended with the surrender of a man who had fired gunshots off inside a home and then refused to come out for two hours.
Douglas Cappa, 26, was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail Thursday morning and is being held on $75,000 bail. He faces multiple charges including burglary, vandalism, reckless discharge of a firearm and false imprisonment.
Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies responded shortly before 9 p.m. to reports of shots fired on Wurth Court near Cottage Way.
The suspect was believed to be armed and refused to come out. That’s when the SWAT team moved in. Neighbors were evacuated during the negotiations.
“That’s about all I heard. They had someone across the street possibly and they were communicating with him on the phone,” evacuated neighbor David Howard said.
As the incident progressed, an adult managed to escape through a window along with four children, but Cappa refused to come out and he had an adult woman inside with him, Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
Shortly after 11 p.m., the woman came outside and was escorted to safety. Cappa came out moments later and was arrested, Ramos said.
A firearm was found inside the home.