Fresno Officials Say 20 Buses Damaged In Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Fresno fire officials are estimating the damage to be about $1 million after 20 buses were burned at an early morning fire at a bus company that takes Fresno Unified School District students to school.
The Fresno Bee reports that when firefighters were called to the First Student bus facility around 3:28 Sunday they found a number of buses on fire.
The newspaper says 16 of the buses were badly damaged, while four were moderately damaged.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Fresno Unified spokeswoman Susan Bedi told The Bee the fire will not affect bus service provided to district students, who return to class on Jan. 14.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.)