17-Year-Old Arrested For Murder In Rancho Cordova Shooting Last Week
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – Sacramento County sheriff’s homicide detectives arrested a 17-year-old on Tuesday in the shooting death of a man in Rancho Cordova last week.
The suspect, whose name wasn’t released because of his age, was booked into the Sacramento County Juvenile Hall on a charge of murder.
Rancho Cordova police officers responded to the area of White Rock Road near Laurelhurst Drive on Jan. 2 shortly after 8 a.m. and found 29-year-old Lucas Esteban-Enrique unresponsive in his vehicle. He had been shot while driving down the street. The victim was transported to a hospital and died the next night.
The suspect is associated with a criminal street gang and that is believed to have been the motivation for the shooting, Sgt. Jason Ramos said.
Detectives are still looking to identify a second person who was with the suspect at the time of the shooting.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at (916) 874-5115. Tip information may also be left anonymously at http://www.sacsheriff.com, by texting to 274637 (CRIMES) and entering the keyword SSD, or by calling (916) 874-TIPS (8477).