Couple Driving Stolen Car Arrested In Sacramento After Chase
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man and a woman are in custody after they led deputies on a pursuit on Sacramento-area highways.
Early Friday morning, a Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputy was driving on Highway 99 when he tried to pull over a vehicle for a violation. The driver of the vehicle, a woman, refused to stop and the pursuit carried over to eastbound Highway 50. During the pursuit, the deputy discovered the vehicle had been reported stolen.
As the vehicle was exiting the highway at 59th Street, it smashed into the guardrail, damaging its right front passenger tire, say deputies. Unable to drive any farther, the man and woman got out of the car and started running. Deputies were able to catch the couple with the help of a K-9.
The man suffered a dog bite, but is expected to be fine.