Couple Driving Stolen Car Arrested In Sacramento After Chase
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man and a woman are in custody after they led deputies on a pursuit on Sacramento-area highways.
Early Friday morning, a Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputy was driving on Highway 99 when he tried to pull over a vehicle for a violation. The driver of the vehicle, a woman, refused to stop and the pursuit carried over to eastbound Highway 50. During the pursuit, the deputy discovered the vehicle had been reported stolen.
As the vehicle was exiting the highway at 59th Street, it smashed into the guardrail, damaging its right front passenger tire, say deputies. Unable to drive any farther, the man and woman got out of the car and started running. Deputies were able to catch the couple with the help of a K-9.
The man suffered a dog bite, but is expected to be fine.