Beer Theft Suspect Crashes Car, Arrested
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FAIR OAKS (CBS13) – A beer thief ended up in the hospital after he crashed his car early Monday morning, according to police.
A man crashed his car at Sunrise Boulevard and Winding Way at an AM-PM gas station at about 4:30 a.m. The crash happened just minutes after a beer theft was reported at Sunrise and Madison at a Chevron station.
The car rolled several times and the driver, a man in his 30s, sustained serious injures but is expected to survive, according to the CHP.
The man was taken to a local hospital and was to be booked on robbery and DUI charges. His name wasn’t released pending booking. The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the Chevron robbery. Sgt. Jason Ramos said the suspect threatened the clerk with a weapon but didn’t display one.
Ramos said beer and cigarettes were recovered from the suspect’s car.