Sacramento Homeowner Shoots Assailant In Self-Defense
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A man shot and killed another man who chased him around his yard and threatened to hurt him.
At around 3:30 p.m. Sunday, a resident was opening the gate to his driveway on the 3100 block of Palmer Avenue and was getting ready to drive somewhere with his wife, when a man walked up and started acting irrationally.
The resident asked the man to leave, and the man made a comment about getting into the car. An argument ensued and the man walked onto the property. The resident again ordered the man to leave, which he did. As the resident continued to open the gate, the man abruptly turned around, took off his clothes like he was going to fight, and pulled out a cane.
The man came at the resident, swinging his cane violently and breaking objects in the yard. The resident picked up a two by four that was lying on the ground as he retreated deeper into his yard. The man then allegedly picked up some large objects and threw them at the resident.
The resident went inside and came back out with a gun and ordered the man to leave. The man grabbed a heavy wrought iron stand and was motioning to throw it at the resident, when the resident shot the man in the abdomen.
The man was taken to the hospital where he died eight hours later.
No charges have been filed.
The identity of the deceased man has not been released.