Sacramento Homeowner Shoots Assailant In Self-Defense
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13)- A man shot and killed another man who chased him around his yard and threatened to hurt him.
At around 3:30 p.m. Sunday, a resident was opening the gate to his driveway on the 3100 block of Palmer Avenue and was getting ready to drive somewhere with his wife, when a man walked up and started acting irrationally.
The resident asked the man to leave, and the man made a comment about getting into the car. An argument ensued and the man walked onto the property. The resident again ordered the man to leave, which he did. As the resident continued to open the gate, the man abruptly turned around, took off his clothes like he was going to fight, and pulled out a cane.
The man came at the resident, swinging his cane violently and breaking objects in the yard. The resident picked up a two by four that was lying on the ground as he retreated deeper into his yard. The man then allegedly picked up some large objects and threw them at the resident.
The resident went inside and came back out with a gun and ordered the man to leave. The man grabbed a heavy wrought iron stand and was motioning to throw it at the resident, when the resident shot the man in the abdomen.
The man was taken to the hospital where he died eight hours later.
No charges have been filed.
The identity of the deceased man has not been released.