Sacramento Police Department Hiring New Officers
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – After years of layoffs and budget cuts, the city of Sacramento announced on Tuesday that it is hiring new police officers.
The Sacramento Police Department is accepting applications for police recruit and lateral police officer.
The cash-strapped city got a boost in November when voters passed a sales tax increase to help pay for public safety. It’s expected to raise $28 million annually for the budget.
Free informational workshops about the hiring process, test preparation, and the Police Academy are being offered at the Public Safety Center on three Saturday’s next month: Feb. 2, Feb. 9 , and Feb. 16.
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis through June. To apply, visit the “Jobs” page on the city’s website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org.
For additional information, call the Recruiting Unit at (916) 808-0880 or visit the Sacamento PD website at http://www.sacpd.org.