Sacramento Police Department Hiring New Officers
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – After years of layoffs and budget cuts, the city of Sacramento announced on Tuesday that it is hiring new police officers.
The Sacramento Police Department is accepting applications for police recruit and lateral police officer.
The cash-strapped city got a boost in November when voters passed a sales tax increase to help pay for public safety. It’s expected to raise $28 million annually for the budget.
Free informational workshops about the hiring process, test preparation, and the Police Academy are being offered at the Public Safety Center on three Saturday’s next month: Feb. 2, Feb. 9 , and Feb. 16.
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis through June. To apply, visit the “Jobs” page on the city’s website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org.
For additional information, call the Recruiting Unit at (916) 808-0880 or visit the Sacamento PD website at http://www.sacpd.org.