Sacramento Police Department Hiring New Officers
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – After years of layoffs and budget cuts, the city of Sacramento announced on Tuesday that it is hiring new police officers.
The Sacramento Police Department is accepting applications for police recruit and lateral police officer.
The cash-strapped city got a boost in November when voters passed a sales tax increase to help pay for public safety. It’s expected to raise $28 million annually for the budget.
Free informational workshops about the hiring process, test preparation, and the Police Academy are being offered at the Public Safety Center on three Saturday’s next month: Feb. 2, Feb. 9 , and Feb. 16.
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis through June. To apply, visit the “Jobs” page on the city’s website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org.
For additional information, call the Recruiting Unit at (916) 808-0880 or visit the Sacamento PD website at http://www.sacpd.org.