Girl, 17, Arrested For Prostitution In Ripon
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
RIPON (CBS13) – A 17-year-old Ripon girl was arrested on Wednesday in a police prostitution sting.
Police in the San Joaquin County city of about 15,000 say the sting was in response to increased prostitution-related incidents and that it was conducted at an undisclosed motel.
The 17-year-old girl was reportedly advertising her “services” on a popular escort website. She arraigned to meet an undercover police officer, where she was arrested for prostitution and drug possession, police said.
The girl was released to her parent on a misdemeanor citation, police said.
The police department said it will continue to target prostitution in the city with patrols and special operations. Anyone with information on prostitution in the city is asked to call Detective Sergeant Terri Jensen at (209) 599-0261.