Man Hit And Killed By Train In Davis
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Capitol corridor trains were delayed Monday after a freight train hit and killed a person in Davis.
It’s unclear why a person was sitting on the tracks near County Roads 32 and 105 just off the causeway. The train’s driver spotted the man on the tracks and tried to stop, but couldn’t.
Amtrak says two westbound trains from Sacramento to the Bay Area are delayed between 30 to 90 minutes.
It takes about a mile to bring a fully loaded freight train to a complete stop.