Man Hit And Killed By Train In Davis
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Capitol corridor trains were delayed Monday after a freight train hit and killed a person in Davis.
It’s unclear why a person was sitting on the tracks near County Roads 32 and 105 just off the causeway. The train’s driver spotted the man on the tracks and tried to stop, but couldn’t.
Amtrak says two westbound trains from Sacramento to the Bay Area are delayed between 30 to 90 minutes.
It takes about a mile to bring a fully loaded freight train to a complete stop.