Man Hit And Killed By Train In Davis
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Capitol corridor trains were delayed Monday after a freight train hit and killed a person in Davis.
It’s unclear why a person was sitting on the tracks near County Roads 32 and 105 just off the causeway. The train’s driver spotted the man on the tracks and tried to stop, but couldn’t.
Amtrak says two westbound trains from Sacramento to the Bay Area are delayed between 30 to 90 minutes.
It takes about a mile to bring a fully loaded freight train to a complete stop.