Man Hit And Killed By Train In Davis
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
DAVIS (CBS13) – Capitol corridor trains were delayed Monday after a freight train hit and killed a person in Davis.
It’s unclear why a person was sitting on the tracks near County Roads 32 and 105 just off the causeway. The train’s driver spotted the man on the tracks and tried to stop, but couldn’t.
Amtrak says two westbound trains from Sacramento to the Bay Area are delayed between 30 to 90 minutes.
It takes about a mile to bring a fully loaded freight train to a complete stop.