Man Hit And Killed By Train In Davis
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – Capitol corridor trains were delayed Monday after a freight train hit and killed a person in Davis.
It’s unclear why a person was sitting on the tracks near County Roads 32 and 105 just off the causeway. The train’s driver spotted the man on the tracks and tried to stop, but couldn’t.
Amtrak says two westbound trains from Sacramento to the Bay Area are delayed between 30 to 90 minutes.
It takes about a mile to bring a fully loaded freight train to a complete stop.