Comedian Katt Williams Misses Court Date, $200,000 Warrant Issued
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Comedian Katt Williams was a no-show for his court date Tuesday morning in Sacramento.
This latest event in the Williams saga comes as no surprise after the comedian, who’s had several run-ins with the law lately, also missed a court date in Sacramento earlier this month, which resulted in his arrest in Los Angeles.
Williams’ troubles in Sacramento started on December 6, 2013 when he allegedly led police on a pursuit on a three-wheel motorcycle near the capitol. He was detained and released.
The DA’s office subsequently charged him with evading police while driving in a reckless manner — a felony. For missing today’s court date, the judge issued a $200,000 warrant for his arrest.
At around the same time, Williams was also allegedly involved in an altercation at the downtown Hyatt.
After that incident Williams is accused of going to a Target store in Woodland and allegedly hit a store employee. The incident was caught on tape and broken on website TMZ.com. Williams missed a court date in Yolo County regarding that incident. A $10,000 bench warrant was issued as a result.