Comedian Katt Williams Misses Court Date, $200,000 Warrant Issued
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Comedian Katt Williams was a no-show for his court date Tuesday morning in Sacramento.
This latest event in the Williams saga comes as no surprise after the comedian, who’s had several run-ins with the law lately, also missed a court date in Sacramento earlier this month, which resulted in his arrest in Los Angeles.
Williams’ troubles in Sacramento started on December 6, 2013 when he allegedly led police on a pursuit on a three-wheel motorcycle near the capitol. He was detained and released.
The DA’s office subsequently charged him with evading police while driving in a reckless manner — a felony. For missing today’s court date, the judge issued a $200,000 warrant for his arrest.
At around the same time, Williams was also allegedly involved in an altercation at the downtown Hyatt.
After that incident Williams is accused of going to a Target store in Woodland and allegedly hit a store employee. The incident was caught on tape and broken on website TMZ.com. Williams missed a court date in Yolo County regarding that incident. A $10,000 bench warrant was issued as a result.