UPDATE: Teen Who Died In Natomas Rollover Crash Identified
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Authorities have released the identity of a teen who was killed when the vehicle she was in rolled over on on I-80 Sunday night.
Liana Kostura, 18, of Sacramento died when the vehicle she was in drove off the freeway and rolled over.
A CHP spokesperson says Kostura and three others were on their way home from a Starbucks in West Sacramento when the driver took the eastbound I-80 ramp to southbound I-5 too fast, lost control of the vehicle and drove off the road. The car drove up the embankment, went over the guardrail, flipped and landed on the westbound lanes.
The teen in the backseat of the car was killed. Officers say she was the only one not wearing a seatbelt.
The other passengers were treated at the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.