UPDATE: Teen Who Died In Natomas Rollover Crash Identified
Don't Miss This
- Stockton Police Employee Hit While Crossing Street Dies
- Davis Children Offer Grinch Free Cookies In Return For Stolen Christmas Lights
- Women Chased On Interstate 80 By Driver Posing As Sheriff’s Deputy In Alleged Road Rage Incident
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Authorities have released the identity of a teen who was killed when the vehicle she was in rolled over on on I-80 Sunday night.
Liana Kostura, 18, of Sacramento died when the vehicle she was in drove off the freeway and rolled over.
A CHP spokesperson says Kostura and three others were on their way home from a Starbucks in West Sacramento when the driver took the eastbound I-80 ramp to southbound I-5 too fast, lost control of the vehicle and drove off the road. The car drove up the embankment, went over the guardrail, flipped and landed on the westbound lanes.
The teen in the backseat of the car was killed. Officers say she was the only one not wearing a seatbelt.
The other passengers were treated at the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.