Passenger Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Sacramento International Airport
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A passenger plane made an emergency landing at Sacramento International Airport today after the crew reported smelling smoke.
San Francisco-bound United Express flight 5427 left Sacramento at 11:35 a.m., and after about 15 minutes into the flight, crew members smelled smoke. The pilot was able to safely land the plane back in Sacramento.
The source of the smoke was not immediately known.
The plane is a twin-turboprop Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia, according to flightaware.com.