Police: Stockton Man Fatally Shoots Friend
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A 21-year-old man became Stockton’s second homicide victim of 2013 and his friend has been charged in his death, police said Tuesday.
The shooting happened late Monday night at a duplex in the 5400 block of Holiday Drive. Police were called to the Kaiser Permanente building at 7300 N. West Lane shortly before midnight after friends tried to take the victim there and found out it was closed.
Alexander Centenco of Stockton was transported to a local hospital but was pronounced dead there.
Police dispatch received a call that the suspect showed up later at a home in the 6100 block of Alturas Avenue. Officers went to that location and arrested Andrew Torres, 19, of Stockton without incident.
Officers located a firearm near where the suspect was arrested and a small amount of narcotics at the victim’s house.
After the interviews were finished, police determined Torres “negligently discharged a firearm inside the residence which resulted in the victim being shot.”
Torres was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail for murder.