New Tax Codes Causing Delays In Filing 2012 Returns
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Fallout from the fiscal cliff is causing troubles for tax preparers, which means it could take longer to get your tax return this year.
When Jim Rogers starts his day at work, exciting is not what he’s expecting. For 40 years, he has worked as an accountant filing taxes for other people.
“This is the worst year I’ve ever had,” said Rogers.
This year hasn’t only been boring, but it’s been brutally frustrating.
“I have not, since the first of February, gotten anything accomplished,” he said. “Everything has been in a holding pattern for some reason.”
He has 100 clients, but says so far he hasn’t been able to file one return. So what does this mean leading up to April 15?
“It means I’m going to be working many more hours than I had planned to,” Rogers said.