Stockton Car Thief Arrested After Pursuit, Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A parolee led police on a chase in a stolen car before crashing into a tree and being tracked down on foot Wednesday night, the Stockton Police Department said.
The Stockton Police Department’s Community Response Team officers and officers from the San Joaquin County Wide Multi-Agency Gang Task Force were in the area of Sierra Vista when they were flagged down by the victim of an auto theft that had just happened shortly after 9 p.m.
Within three minutes, officers located the vehicle in the area of Nightingale Avenue and Ninth Street and attempted to stop it, police said.
The driver, identified as 22-year-old Francois Her, failed to pull over and a pursuit ensued. It ended when Her crashed into a small tree in the 2200 block of Netherton Avenue.
He was caught after a short foot chase. Her was arrested for vehicle theft, evading and resisting arrest, and a parole violation.