Hundreds Turn Out For Gun Rights Rally In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Gun rights supporters gathered in downtown Sacramento’s Capitol Park on Saturday as part of a nationwide rally.
They called it “A Day of Resistance” and say it’s part of the resistance movement to preserve their right to bear arms.
“We’re pro Second Amendment. “Basically, we want to have the ability to have weapons to defend us from tyranny at home,” one supporter said.
More than 700 gun supporters rallied around the Vietnam Memorial. They say they support the right to bear arms and that gun control laws aren’t the solution to end violence.
“Taking away guns because people misuse them is like getting rid of cars because people drive drunk,” Michael Dagnino said. “The machines themselves are unbiased. It’s the humans that use them.”
Sacramento’s rally was just one of 140 others like it across the country, many in California such Bakersfield, San Diego and Ventura County.