Stockton Man Allegedly Kills Grandmother, Hides Her Body In Wheelbarrow
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – The body of a female senior was found dead in a wheelbarrow and police now think the her grandson was behind the brutal killing.
Neighbors are in shock after the 79-year-old Stockton woman’s body was in a wheelbarrow at her home, believed to have been put there by a family member.
“Everybody out here is in shock because she’s such a nice lady,” said neighbor Luis Jernigan.
Sidney DeAvila, 39, is behind bars for allegedly killing his grandmother. Investigators say the victim’s body was discovered Tuesday morning in the backyard of her home in the 400 block of S. Golden Gate Avenue.
“I’ve been knowing her for years,” said Jernigan. “She’s like my mother.”
Stockton investigators say after the son hadn’t heard from her in a week he went to her home where he discovered her body.
“Her nickname was Moms,” said Jernigan.
Neighbors described her as a sweet lady who spent a lot of time in her garden.
A CBS13 source said her grandson is a sex offender and was already wanted for a parole violation. The source also says DeAvila fled when police located him at a park Tuesday, but was eventually captured by a canine officer.
Those who knew the woman well can’t believe her own grandson is accused of such a horrific crime.
“It’s such a tragic loss for everybody,” said Jernigan.
The woman’s identity has not yet been released.