Stockton Man Allegedly Kills Grandmother, Hides Her Body In Wheelbarrow
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
STOCKTON (CBS13) – The body of a female senior was found dead in a wheelbarrow and police now think the her grandson was behind the brutal killing.
Neighbors are in shock after the 79-year-old Stockton woman’s body was in a wheelbarrow at her home, believed to have been put there by a family member.
“Everybody out here is in shock because she’s such a nice lady,” said neighbor Luis Jernigan.
Sidney DeAvila, 39, is behind bars for allegedly killing his grandmother. Investigators say the victim’s body was discovered Tuesday morning in the backyard of her home in the 400 block of S. Golden Gate Avenue.
“I’ve been knowing her for years,” said Jernigan. “She’s like my mother.”
Stockton investigators say after the son hadn’t heard from her in a week he went to her home where he discovered her body.
“Her nickname was Moms,” said Jernigan.
Neighbors described her as a sweet lady who spent a lot of time in her garden.
A CBS13 source said her grandson is a sex offender and was already wanted for a parole violation. The source also says DeAvila fled when police located him at a park Tuesday, but was eventually captured by a canine officer.
Those who knew the woman well can’t believe her own grandson is accused of such a horrific crime.
“It’s such a tragic loss for everybody,” said Jernigan.
The woman’s identity has not yet been released.