Man Accused Of Shooting 2 Roommates On The Loose In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – An armed gunman who shot two people on a quiet Stockton street is on the loose, say police.
“He is considered armed and dangerous,” said Stockton police Officer Joseph Silva.
At around noon on Wednesday SWAT officers entered a Stockton home where two people had been shot, but say no one was inside.
“I woke up hearing the helicopter flying around and it’s not normal,” said neighbor Tim Schambera.
The shooting happened at around 9:30 a.m. in the 400 block of West Bianchi Road. A woman was shot and rushed to the hospital. The second victim, a man, arrived at the hospital a short time later.
“Heard a muffled pop and definitely a bang,” neighbor John Hall said.
Hall said he was in his car, just pulling up to his home, when he heard two gunshots and saw the victims leave the house. One victim collapsed two doors down.
“Next thing I noticed is he was down on the grass and she was down on the grass next to him,” said Hall of the victims.
Police have identified the suspect as 25-year-old Dwight Smith. Police haven’t said what caused the shooting, but say Smith and the victims are roommates.
Detectives met with the victims at the hospital and were able to obtain information about the suspect.