Pedestrian Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In West Sacrametno
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man is dead after he being hit by an Amtrak train in West Sacramento.
The incident happened in the area of Harbor Boulevard and Rice Avenue at around 1:50 p.m. on Sunday The unidentified man was walking on the tracks going west when a train approached from behind. The engineer blew the horn as a warning, and seeing the man still on the tracks, applied the brakes, but hit and killed him, according to West Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Lt. Tod Sockman.
The man is described as Caucasian, between the ages of 40 and 50. It’s unknown why he was on the tracks at the time.
Amtrak provided a second train to finish the trip.
None of the passengers were injured in the incident.