Pedestrian Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In West Sacrametno
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man is dead after he being hit by an Amtrak train in West Sacramento.
The incident happened in the area of Harbor Boulevard and Rice Avenue at around 1:50 p.m. on Sunday The unidentified man was walking on the tracks going west when a train approached from behind. The engineer blew the horn as a warning, and seeing the man still on the tracks, applied the brakes, but hit and killed him, according to West Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Lt. Tod Sockman.
The man is described as Caucasian, between the ages of 40 and 50. It’s unknown why he was on the tracks at the time.
Amtrak provided a second train to finish the trip.
None of the passengers were injured in the incident.