Pedestrian Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In West Sacrametno
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man is dead after he being hit by an Amtrak train in West Sacramento.
The incident happened in the area of Harbor Boulevard and Rice Avenue at around 1:50 p.m. on Sunday The unidentified man was walking on the tracks going west when a train approached from behind. The engineer blew the horn as a warning, and seeing the man still on the tracks, applied the brakes, but hit and killed him, according to West Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Lt. Tod Sockman.
The man is described as Caucasian, between the ages of 40 and 50. It’s unknown why he was on the tracks at the time.
Amtrak provided a second train to finish the trip.
None of the passengers were injured in the incident.