Pedestrian Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In West Sacrametno
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man is dead after he being hit by an Amtrak train in West Sacramento.
The incident happened in the area of Harbor Boulevard and Rice Avenue at around 1:50 p.m. on Sunday The unidentified man was walking on the tracks going west when a train approached from behind. The engineer blew the horn as a warning, and seeing the man still on the tracks, applied the brakes, but hit and killed him, according to West Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Lt. Tod Sockman.
The man is described as Caucasian, between the ages of 40 and 50. It’s unknown why he was on the tracks at the time.
Amtrak provided a second train to finish the trip.
None of the passengers were injured in the incident.