Pedestrian Hit And Killed By Amtrak Train In West Sacrametno
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man is dead after he being hit by an Amtrak train in West Sacramento.
The incident happened in the area of Harbor Boulevard and Rice Avenue at around 1:50 p.m. on Sunday The unidentified man was walking on the tracks going west when a train approached from behind. The engineer blew the horn as a warning, and seeing the man still on the tracks, applied the brakes, but hit and killed him, according to West Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Lt. Tod Sockman.
The man is described as Caucasian, between the ages of 40 and 50. It’s unknown why he was on the tracks at the time.
Amtrak provided a second train to finish the trip.
None of the passengers were injured in the incident.