UPDATE: 3 Arrested After Stolen Sailboat Washes Ashore In Pacifica
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
PACIFICA, Calif. (AP) — Police have arrested three people who were trapped on a stolen, 82-foot yacht that ran aground on a Northern California beach.
News reports said that two men and a woman were arrested by Pacifica police on Monday, hours after the sailboat “Darlin”‘ got stuck in shallow water at low tide.
The boat’s owner reported the vessel stolen from Sausalito after seeing television news coverage of it running aground at Pacifica State Beach.
The Coast Guard and police responded and surrounded the vessel on land and in the water, and eventually managed to get the suspects off the vessel.
The boat’s owner was en route to Pacifica, the Coast Guard said.