UPDATE: 3 Arrested After Stolen Sailboat Washes Ashore In Pacifica
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PACIFICA, Calif. (AP) — Police have arrested three people who were trapped on a stolen, 82-foot yacht that ran aground on a Northern California beach.
News reports said that two men and a woman were arrested by Pacifica police on Monday, hours after the sailboat “Darlin”‘ got stuck in shallow water at low tide.
The boat’s owner reported the vessel stolen from Sausalito after seeing television news coverage of it running aground at Pacifica State Beach.
The Coast Guard and police responded and surrounded the vessel on land and in the water, and eventually managed to get the suspects off the vessel.
The boat’s owner was en route to Pacifica, the Coast Guard said.