Lodi Toddler Dies After Being Hit By SUV Driven By Father
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
LODI (CBS13) – A 3-year-old has died after being accidentally hit by an SUV driven by his father, according to Lodi police.
“As you can tell, it’s very upsetting and emotional right now,” Lodi police Sgt. David Griffin said.
The crash happened on Tree Court late Wednesday morning. It’s not clear why the father, who relatives say is a professional truck driver, didn’t see the toddler or what the child was doing moments before the crash.
“We believe that (the son) walked in front of the car in some fashion. He was hit while on the sidewalk or running into the street,” said Griffin.
The boy suffered severe head trauma and was transported to Lodi Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Officers questioned the father, neighbors and collected evidence as they tried to piece together what went wrong.
A line of what appeared to be grieving friends and family left the home shortly after the deadly crash.
Relatives say the boy’s father is shaken and remained at the home.