Lodi Toddler Dies After Being Hit By SUV Driven By Father
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – A 3-year-old has died after being accidentally hit by an SUV driven by his father, according to Lodi police.
“As you can tell, it’s very upsetting and emotional right now,” Lodi police Sgt. David Griffin said.
The crash happened on Tree Court late Wednesday morning. It’s not clear why the father, who relatives say is a professional truck driver, didn’t see the toddler or what the child was doing moments before the crash.
“We believe that (the son) walked in front of the car in some fashion. He was hit while on the sidewalk or running into the street,” said Griffin.
The boy suffered severe head trauma and was transported to Lodi Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Officers questioned the father, neighbors and collected evidence as they tried to piece together what went wrong.
A line of what appeared to be grieving friends and family left the home shortly after the deadly crash.
Relatives say the boy’s father is shaken and remained at the home.