Lodi Toddler Dies After Being Hit By SUV Driven By Father
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
LODI (CBS13) – A 3-year-old has died after being accidentally hit by an SUV driven by his father, according to Lodi police.
“As you can tell, it’s very upsetting and emotional right now,” Lodi police Sgt. David Griffin said.
The crash happened on Tree Court late Wednesday morning. It’s not clear why the father, who relatives say is a professional truck driver, didn’t see the toddler or what the child was doing moments before the crash.
“We believe that (the son) walked in front of the car in some fashion. He was hit while on the sidewalk or running into the street,” said Griffin.
The boy suffered severe head trauma and was transported to Lodi Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Officers questioned the father, neighbors and collected evidence as they tried to piece together what went wrong.
A line of what appeared to be grieving friends and family left the home shortly after the deadly crash.
Relatives say the boy’s father is shaken and remained at the home.