California Mortuary Buries The Wrong Woman
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
INGLEWOOD (CBS) — A local family buried the wrong woman after an Inglewood mortuary mixed up their loved one with someone else.
Family and friends of 82-year-old Darlene Davidson thought they attended her funeral and burial March 1.
Days later, however, Davidson’s family said they found out the beloved mother never left Simpson’s Family Mortuary after another family reported that their relative wasn’t in their casket.
“I was already torn apart and then…this. It’s unbelievable,” said Davidson’s son, Eric Haynes.
Haynes said the family actually told mortuary officials that something was wrong during the viewing.
“The mortician, the guy that dresses them, he convinced us that was her,” he said.
Reginald Black, a spokesman for the mortuary, apologized for the mistake.
“In this case, there was an error made and we are diligently working with both families to be in resolve,” he said.
Davidson will now be buried Wednesday.
Her family and their attorney were at the mortuary Monday to make sure the correct body was in the casket.
The Cemetery and Funeral Bureau is investigating the incident.