Modesto Squatters Arrested For Child Endangerment; Lived In ‘Horrid’ Conditions
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
Modesto (CBS13) – A couple squatting in a Modesto home has been arrested Thursday on charges of child endangerment for living in “horrid and very unsafe” conditions, police say.
John Oliver, 39, and his girlfriend, 40-year-old Angelica Madrigal, were found by police illegally living with a 3-year-old child in the abandoned home in the 700 block of West Union in Modesto.
Complaints began several weeks ago of squatters moving into the abandoned home after the previous owner passed away, officials say.
Thursday, officers went to the home with a contractor and city officials to board up the home. After a security check, police discovered the couple and child in the home.
“There were uncapped needles all around the home,” Officer John Wohler said. “There was human waste all over the residence and it appears they lit a fire in a fireplace that was unsafe and could have caused a structure fire.”
Madrigal and Oliver were arrested and booked for child endangerment and illegal lodging. The 3-year-old was turned over to Child Protective Services.
The home is now boarded up, police say.