Man Returns After 7 Years To Thank Roseville Firefighters For Rescue
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – It’s a reunion seven years in the making as a man saved by the Roseville Fire Department returns to thank his heroes.
Roseville firefighters thought he wouldn’t make it after a bad car accident.
“They remember the call. They said it’s something they’ll never forget,” said Chris Cvitanov.
That day in June 2005 changed Cvitanov’s life forever.
“I was completely under the car and burned with third degree burns from my mid torso, all the way down to my legs,” said Cvitanov.
The past seven years have been a difficult journey.
“There was a lot of battling to stay alive,” said Cvitanov.
Thanking the Roseville Fire Department crew who saved his life has been a long time in the making.
“Had it not been for them, what they do on a day in, day out basis, saving lives, I wouldn’t be here today,” said Cvitanov.
He says the reunion would have happened sooner but he was dealing with a lot of emotions.
“Although it took me awhile to accept, I figured out this was my purpose in life,” said Cvitanov.
Now he’s writing a book and hoping he can change other people’s lives.
“To help someone out, even if they aren’t an amputee or a burn survivor, there is a light at the end of the tunnel,” said Cvitanov.
He says this isn’t the last time he’ll see the firefighters who saved his life. Cvitanov describes meeting them in person as a dream come true.