UPDATED: Father Dead In Carmichael Motorcycle Crash; Teen Son Hospitalized
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – A motorcycle collision in Carmichael left one man dead and his son hospitalized Tuesday night.
Around 7:40 p.m., the 52-year-old man and his 16-year-old son were riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle on Fair Oaks Boulevard — just south of Marconi Avenue — when they collided with a Toyota Sienna van.
Elmira Atarbekyan, 51, was driving the van when she was pulling out of a private driveway on Fair Oaks Boulevard. She proceeded to make a left turn onto northbound Fair Oaks Boulevard and crossed the southbound lanes — directly in the path of the motorcycle.
The motorcycle — travelling in the right lane — struck the front end of the van on the driver’s side, ejecting both riders onto the roadway.
The 52-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His teen son was transported to Mercy San Juan Medical Hospital with major injuries. His condition is unknown.
Atarbekyan suffered minor scrapes but did not need medical attention.
The identities of the motorcyclists have yet to be released.
The collision is still under investigation, but neither alcohol nor drugs appear to be a contributing factor.