Teen Arrested For Trying To Cause Fear By Leaving Suspicious Suitcase At Mall
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A 15-year-old girl was arrested on Saturday for leaving a suspicious suitcase in the middle of a walkway at Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights in order to scare people.
A 2:25 p.m. on Saturday, mall security guards found a suitcase sitting in the walkway between two stores. They evacuated the mall and notified Citrus Heights police.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit came to the mall and examined the suitcase for explosives and found that it was empty.
During the investigation, a 15-year-old girl came forward and claimed to own the suitcase. Police determined she left it there to cause fear, and arrested her.
The teen’s identity has not been released.