Teen Arrested For Trying To Cause Fear By Leaving Suspicious Suitcase At Mall
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A 15-year-old girl was arrested on Saturday for leaving a suspicious suitcase in the middle of a walkway at Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights in order to scare people.
A 2:25 p.m. on Saturday, mall security guards found a suitcase sitting in the walkway between two stores. They evacuated the mall and notified Citrus Heights police.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit came to the mall and examined the suitcase for explosives and found that it was empty.
During the investigation, a 15-year-old girl came forward and claimed to own the suitcase. Police determined she left it there to cause fear, and arrested her.
The teen’s identity has not been released.