Teen Arrested For Trying To Cause Fear By Leaving Suspicious Suitcase At Mall
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A 15-year-old girl was arrested on Saturday for leaving a suspicious suitcase in the middle of a walkway at Sunrise Mall in Citrus Heights in order to scare people.
A 2:25 p.m. on Saturday, mall security guards found a suitcase sitting in the walkway between two stores. They evacuated the mall and notified Citrus Heights police.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit came to the mall and examined the suitcase for explosives and found that it was empty.
During the investigation, a 15-year-old girl came forward and claimed to own the suitcase. Police determined she left it there to cause fear, and arrested her.
The teen’s identity has not been released.