Suspected Armed Robber Shot And Killed In Yuba City
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – An armed robbery suspect who led police on a high-speed chase spanning from Marysville to Yuba City was shot and killed by officers on Wednesday morning.
At around 2:14 a.m. Wednesday police spotted a van that may have been used in connection with two armed robberies in the past two days, say Yuba City police.
The driver of the van refused to pull over for police and a chase ensued. It finally ended in the area of Plumas and A Streets in Yuba City. Police, deputies, and CHP officers arrived at the scene. Shots were fired and the driver was killed.
It’s unknown if the suspect was armed with a gun.
The shooting incident is still under investigation.
Marysville police say on April 1 at 11:12 p.m., the suspect pulled up to the drive-through window at Taco Bell on 631 10th Street and told the clerk he had a gun and demanded money. The clerk handed over the money and the suspect drove off.
On April 2, at 8:10 p.m. the suspect walked into a Burger King at 601 Colusa Avenue in Yuba City and ordered some food. He was handed the food and then left, say police. He returned a short time later and told the clerk to hand over money from the register. He lifted his shirt to reveal a handgun. The clerk handed the suspect money and the suspect left.
The suspect is described by police as a white male adult, about 6 feet tall, between 30 to 35 years old with a slim build, brown eyes, and brown eyebrows. He has short, scruffy facial hair and a shaved head that is distinctly bald on top.
Anyone who knows the identity of the suspect is asked to call the Marysville Police Department at 530-749-3900.
This is the first officer-involved shooting in Yuba City since February 2012.