CBS13 Anchor Sings National Anthem For River Cats Season Opener
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The River Cats’ opening night at Raley Field never sounded so good as a CBS13 anchor delivered the national anthem.
CBS13 morning anchor Audrey Asistio brought fans to their feet as baseball hit a fever pitch at Raley Field.
As the fresh field was lined, the clean white chalk of opening night seemed especially bright. And the lines outside the ballpark seemed to have a little more of a buzz.
“We enjoy every season. We try to come to as many games as we can. We love the sport,” one fan said.
“Opening day is really fun for me ’cause I get to watch a sport that I love,” young fan Erik Novello said.
“Well this is the first time I’ve been on opening day and it seems great. I’d like to go in and relax,” said another.
As fans and players got ready for the game, a familiar face got poised.
CBS13 caught up with Asistio as she was warming up for her River Cats debut.
“I never thought I’d be singing opening day for the River Cats when I started working here,” she said.
But she made it work, gracefully and gleefully belting out the national anthem.
With that, another River Cats season was born.