CBS13 Anchor Sings National Anthem For River Cats Season Opener
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The River Cats’ opening night at Raley Field never sounded so good as a CBS13 anchor delivered the national anthem.
CBS13 morning anchor Audrey Asistio brought fans to their feet as baseball hit a fever pitch at Raley Field.
As the fresh field was lined, the clean white chalk of opening night seemed especially bright. And the lines outside the ballpark seemed to have a little more of a buzz.
“We enjoy every season. We try to come to as many games as we can. We love the sport,” one fan said.
“Opening day is really fun for me ’cause I get to watch a sport that I love,” young fan Erik Novello said.
“Well this is the first time I’ve been on opening day and it seems great. I’d like to go in and relax,” said another.
As fans and players got ready for the game, a familiar face got poised.
CBS13 caught up with Asistio as she was warming up for her River Cats debut.
“I never thought I’d be singing opening day for the River Cats when I started working here,” she said.
But she made it work, gracefully and gleefully belting out the national anthem.
With that, another River Cats season was born.