CBS13 Anchor Sings National Anthem For River Cats Season Opener
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The River Cats’ opening night at Raley Field never sounded so good as a CBS13 anchor delivered the national anthem.
CBS13 morning anchor Audrey Asistio brought fans to their feet as baseball hit a fever pitch at Raley Field.
As the fresh field was lined, the clean white chalk of opening night seemed especially bright. And the lines outside the ballpark seemed to have a little more of a buzz.
“We enjoy every season. We try to come to as many games as we can. We love the sport,” one fan said.
“Opening day is really fun for me ’cause I get to watch a sport that I love,” young fan Erik Novello said.
“Well this is the first time I’ve been on opening day and it seems great. I’d like to go in and relax,” said another.
As fans and players got ready for the game, a familiar face got poised.
CBS13 caught up with Asistio as she was warming up for her River Cats debut.
“I never thought I’d be singing opening day for the River Cats when I started working here,” she said.
But she made it work, gracefully and gleefully belting out the national anthem.
With that, another River Cats season was born.