CBS13 Anchor Sings National Anthem For River Cats Season Opener
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The River Cats’ opening night at Raley Field never sounded so good as a CBS13 anchor delivered the national anthem.
CBS13 morning anchor Audrey Asistio brought fans to their feet as baseball hit a fever pitch at Raley Field.
As the fresh field was lined, the clean white chalk of opening night seemed especially bright. And the lines outside the ballpark seemed to have a little more of a buzz.
“We enjoy every season. We try to come to as many games as we can. We love the sport,” one fan said.
“Opening day is really fun for me ’cause I get to watch a sport that I love,” young fan Erik Novello said.
“Well this is the first time I’ve been on opening day and it seems great. I’d like to go in and relax,” said another.
As fans and players got ready for the game, a familiar face got poised.
CBS13 caught up with Asistio as she was warming up for her River Cats debut.
“I never thought I’d be singing opening day for the River Cats when I started working here,” she said.
But she made it work, gracefully and gleefully belting out the national anthem.
With that, another River Cats season was born.