UPDATED: Teen Arrested For Falsely Reporting Robbery At Gunpoint
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 13-year-old has been arrested after falsely reporting he was held at gunpoint by two other teenagers and was robbed of electronics inside his apartment on Thursday.
At around 4:32 p.m. on Thursday Woodland police were called out to an apartment in the 200 block of North College Street where a robbery had taken place. Police say one teen reportedly held the 13-year-old resident at gunpoint while the other two went inside his apartment and stole electronics. The three then ran off on foot.
A short time later, police arrested Anjay Singh, 18, and a 17-year-old male, both from Woodland, for robbery, conspiracy and possession of stolen property.
Through investigation, police determined that the 13-year-old male had falsely reported the crime and was booked at the Yolo County Juvenile Hall for filing a false police report.
Booked into the Yolo County Jail on Thursday, Singh was released without charges. The 17-year-old was released from the Yolo County Juvenile Hall.