UPDATED: Teen Arrested For Falsely Reporting Robbery At Gunpoint
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 13-year-old has been arrested after falsely reporting he was held at gunpoint by two other teenagers and was robbed of electronics inside his apartment on Thursday.
At around 4:32 p.m. on Thursday Woodland police were called out to an apartment in the 200 block of North College Street where a robbery had taken place. Police say one teen reportedly held the 13-year-old resident at gunpoint while the other two went inside his apartment and stole electronics. The three then ran off on foot.
A short time later, police arrested Anjay Singh, 18, and a 17-year-old male, both from Woodland, for robbery, conspiracy and possession of stolen property.
Through investigation, police determined that the 13-year-old male had falsely reported the crime and was booked at the Yolo County Juvenile Hall for filing a false police report.
Booked into the Yolo County Jail on Thursday, Singh was released without charges. The 17-year-old was released from the Yolo County Juvenile Hall.