UPDATED: Teen Arrested For Falsely Reporting Robbery At Gunpoint
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A 13-year-old has been arrested after falsely reporting he was held at gunpoint by two other teenagers and was robbed of electronics inside his apartment on Thursday.
At around 4:32 p.m. on Thursday Woodland police were called out to an apartment in the 200 block of North College Street where a robbery had taken place. Police say one teen reportedly held the 13-year-old resident at gunpoint while the other two went inside his apartment and stole electronics. The three then ran off on foot.
A short time later, police arrested Anjay Singh, 18, and a 17-year-old male, both from Woodland, for robbery, conspiracy and possession of stolen property.
Through investigation, police determined that the 13-year-old male had falsely reported the crime and was booked at the Yolo County Juvenile Hall for filing a false police report.
Booked into the Yolo County Jail on Thursday, Singh was released without charges. The 17-year-old was released from the Yolo County Juvenile Hall.