Strength, Endurance Key To Success At Annual Folsom Handcar Derby
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – It was the meeting of 19th Century technology and modern materials as competitors faced off in Folsom’s annual handcar derby.
Railroad handcars come in two and four-man varieties but organizers of the 22nd Annual Folsom Handcar Derby say it’s all about brute strength and endurance.
“It takes 25-30 seconds to get down the track, but it feels like an eternity. Some people say it’s like running a marathon in 30 seconds because you are using your entire body and you are just physically exhausted at the end,” organizer Dan Bocinski said.
Competition continues Sunday morning with race finals in each category.