Strength, Endurance Key To Success At Annual Folsom Handcar Derby
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
FOLSOM (CBS13) – It was the meeting of 19th Century technology and modern materials as competitors faced off in Folsom’s annual handcar derby.
Railroad handcars come in two and four-man varieties but organizers of the 22nd Annual Folsom Handcar Derby say it’s all about brute strength and endurance.
“It takes 25-30 seconds to get down the track, but it feels like an eternity. Some people say it’s like running a marathon in 30 seconds because you are using your entire body and you are just physically exhausted at the end,” organizer Dan Bocinski said.
Competition continues Sunday morning with race finals in each category.