Strength, Endurance Key To Success At Annual Folsom Handcar Derby
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – It was the meeting of 19th Century technology and modern materials as competitors faced off in Folsom’s annual handcar derby.
Railroad handcars come in two and four-man varieties but organizers of the 22nd Annual Folsom Handcar Derby say it’s all about brute strength and endurance.
“It takes 25-30 seconds to get down the track, but it feels like an eternity. Some people say it’s like running a marathon in 30 seconds because you are using your entire body and you are just physically exhausted at the end,” organizer Dan Bocinski said.
Competition continues Sunday morning with race finals in each category.