Strength, Endurance Key To Success At Annual Folsom Handcar Derby
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
FOLSOM (CBS13) – It was the meeting of 19th Century technology and modern materials as competitors faced off in Folsom’s annual handcar derby.
Railroad handcars come in two and four-man varieties but organizers of the 22nd Annual Folsom Handcar Derby say it’s all about brute strength and endurance.
“It takes 25-30 seconds to get down the track, but it feels like an eternity. Some people say it’s like running a marathon in 30 seconds because you are using your entire body and you are just physically exhausted at the end,” organizer Dan Bocinski said.
Competition continues Sunday morning with race finals in each category.