Family’s Pig Found Brutally Beaten Before Fair
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
GALT (CBS13) — Weeks before it was set to show at the Sacramento County Fair, a family’s pig was found brutally beaten with a rake.
Jiblet walks with a limp, covered in scratches and bruises. She hasn’t been her usual friendly self since the beating she endured. Her owner Alix Lundy believes she’ll never be able to show her after what she’s been through.
“I can only imagine what actually she went through,” Alix said. “She used to love when you pet her. Now she’s really flinchy when you touch her, and she’ll want to walk away from you.”
Alix says she came out to their pen yesterday morning to find Jiblet and another pig, Ralo, missing. Jiblet was eventually found in a field a quarter mile down the road, covered in scratches and very scared.
“I don’t understand how someone could ever have the heart to beat an animal, especially as friendly as they are,” Alix said.
But there’s been no sign of Ralo.
Alix says she found a rake nearby that someone used to beat Jiblet with, as well as a garden hose she believes they tried to tie around her pigs.
“This part of it was just completely bent out and they must have hit the pig, or pigs, so hard that this piece actually flew off, and this piece was just splintered everywhere.”