Deputies: Wheatland Pastor Confesses To Sexual Relationship With Minor
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WHEATLAND (CBS13) – A Wheatland pastor has been arrested after he confessed to having a sexual relationship with a Nicolaus teen girl.
Police in Wichita, Kansas contacted the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department after a family member of 51-year-old suspect Brian Gray reported to police the pastor was having an inappropriate relationship with the 16-year-old.
Investigators say Gray and the teen have had a sexual relationship for about one year, beginning last spring. They say the sex crimes happened in several places, including the church, a field and a Sacramento motel. A few months ago, some in his congregation began questioning the pastor’s behavior toward the girl.
“What seemed to be undue attention and kind of selective attention,” Durfor said.
Around the same time, neighbors say they noticed a change in the congregation.
“I was wondering why the congregation was smaller and smaller,” Callahan said.
Gray confessed to the allegations and was arrested for lewd and lascivious acts with a child, oral copulation with a minor and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. He was booked into Yuba County Jail and is being held on $100,000 bail.
America Callahan owns a shop next to where Grey opened up Anchor Baptist Church several years ago.
“None of us could believe it,” she said. “I’m in shock. I mean I was so sad for the children and for the wife.”