Deputies: Wheatland Pastor Confesses To Sexual Relationship With Minor
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
WHEATLAND (CBS13) – A Wheatland pastor has been arrested after he confessed to having a sexual relationship with a Nicolaus teen girl.
Police in Wichita, Kansas contacted the Yuba County Sheriff’s Department after a family member of 51-year-old suspect Brian Gray reported to police the pastor was having an inappropriate relationship with the 16-year-old.
Investigators say Gray and the teen have had a sexual relationship for about one year, beginning last spring. They say the sex crimes happened in several places, including the church, a field and a Sacramento motel. A few months ago, some in his congregation began questioning the pastor’s behavior toward the girl.
“What seemed to be undue attention and kind of selective attention,” Durfor said.
Around the same time, neighbors say they noticed a change in the congregation.
“I was wondering why the congregation was smaller and smaller,” Callahan said.
Gray confessed to the allegations and was arrested for lewd and lascivious acts with a child, oral copulation with a minor and unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. He was booked into Yuba County Jail and is being held on $100,000 bail.
America Callahan owns a shop next to where Grey opened up Anchor Baptist Church several years ago.
“None of us could believe it,” she said. “I’m in shock. I mean I was so sad for the children and for the wife.”