Mysterious Cat Deaths Have Modesto Owners Worried
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — More than a dozen cats have been found poisoned in Modesto in what’s believed to be a case of cat cruelty.
Neighbors at the intersection of Camilla Drive and Encina Avenue in Modesto are losing their felines at a rapid rate.
They say more than a dozen feral and household cats have mysteriously died, and more dead cats were found at a nearby park.
The cause? Neighbors say it’s antifreeze-laced bait.
Ron Posey’s cat Frosty helped him through his fight with cancer. She too was recently poisoned.
“She was our prize and it’s pretty heart-wrenching,” Posey said. “Somebody is doing something out there.”
If it was antifreeze, it was a slow, merciless death.
“Which is horribly painful. The animals are crying and they can’t even drink water,” said cat owner Dawn Dalyce.
They’ve called Modesto police, but still no arrest.
Leah West says Little Girl, her cat of 17 years, was also poisoned.
“What if it was your family member going through a miserable death, and you could do nothing about it? How would you feel?”