Sacramento Woman’s Alleged Stop Smoking Plan: Slap a Deputy
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman’s plan to stop smoking involved allegedly slapping a Sacramento County deputy.
Deputy Matt Campoy says it came out of nowhere as he left his shift at the Sacramento County Jail. A woman purposely blocking his way.
“All of a sudden, she stepped into me and slapped me in the face,” he said.
That woman, 31-year-old Etta Lopez, was immediately arrested. But it turns out she had a plan: Allegedly slap a cop, kick a habit.
“She told us that she needed to quit smoking,” Campoy said.