Deputies Evade Bullets While Responding To Modesto Call
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) — Deputies answering a call for help were fired on in Modesto on Thursday morning.
Neighbors on Seattle Avenue in west Modesto were awakened by the sound of gunfire. When Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Deputies investigated a report of shots fired and a woman screaming for help, they found the home and realized something wasn’t right.
“The people inside the house were playing with the light switches, they were going on and off,” said Deputy Raj Singh.
That was a sign for deputies to take cover. Moments later, investigators say someone opened fire on the pair of deputies. Neighbors heard the commotion.
“It was kind of scary because it’s near our home,” said Stephanie Cabrera.
Investigators say the deputies did not return fire. They’re working to figure out what sparked the original shooting and why the gunman allegedly opened fire on the deputies.
“I’m very surprised,” said neighbor Jose Acosta, “I was thinking, ‘Here we go, a big war.’”
Deputies arrested a woman for firing a gun, while two others were arrested on outstanding warrants.