Temperatures Warm Into 90s Mother’s Day Weekend
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
The warming trend will continue into the weekend as temperatures are expected to reach above normal highs in the low 90s.
Mostly sunny skies will boost valley highs into the mid 80s Friday afternoon, but there’s a slight threat of afternoon thunderstorms in the Sierra.
Meanwhile, skies are slowly clearing across the Bay area, but gusty west winds during the afternoon will keep temperatures there cool, in the 60s.
A few high clouds will move across the valley and foothills on Saturday and Sunday, but high temperatures will be warming into the low 90s both days. That’s more than 10 degrees above normal for the Sacramento area for this time of year.
Temperatures will warm along the coast as well, with 70s expected in San Francisco Saturday and for Mother’s Day on Sunday.
An isolated threat of thunderstorms will remain in the Sierra Saturday afternoon with otherwise mostly sunny skies and pleasant high temperatures in the 70s this weekend.