Sheriff: Leila Fowler’s Brother Arrested For Murder
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS13) – Investigators announced the arrest of Leila Fowler’s 12-year-old brother in connection to her murder.
Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz made the announcement at a news conference Saturday evening.
The April homicide at the residence of the Rippon Road home in Valley Springs terrified the residents of the small town after Fowler was stabbed to death.
WATCH: Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office Press Conference
The homicide spawned a massive manhunt as multiple law enforcement agencies searched the area for a suspect the 8-year-old’s brother described as a white or Hispanic male with long gray hair, standing 6 feet tall with a muscular build. The brother claimed to have seen the intruder shortly before finding his sister.
A neighbor told police they saw the same man running from the home, but would later recant the story.
Fear quickly spread in the small, quiet town while residents were told to lock their doors early on in the investigation as deputies searched Calaveras County for Fowler’s killer.
The 12-year-old brother is facing homicide charges.
Tune in to CBS13 News at 10 p.m. or CBSSacramento.com for more on this developing story.