Sheriff: Leila Fowler’s Brother Arrested For Murder
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
VALLEY SPRINGS (CBS13) – Investigators announced the arrest of Leila Fowler’s 12-year-old brother in connection to her murder.
Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz made the announcement at a news conference Saturday evening.
The April homicide at the residence of the Rippon Road home in Valley Springs terrified the residents of the small town after Fowler was stabbed to death.
WATCH: Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office Press Conference
The homicide spawned a massive manhunt as multiple law enforcement agencies searched the area for a suspect the 8-year-old’s brother described as a white or Hispanic male with long gray hair, standing 6 feet tall with a muscular build. The brother claimed to have seen the intruder shortly before finding his sister.
A neighbor told police they saw the same man running from the home, but would later recant the story.
Fear quickly spread in the small, quiet town while residents were told to lock their doors early on in the investigation as deputies searched Calaveras County for Fowler’s killer.
The 12-year-old brother is facing homicide charges.
Tune in to CBS13 News at 10 p.m. or CBSSacramento.com for more on this developing story.