Decision Day Arrives For Kings
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Today is decision day for Sacramento, when we could find out whether or not the Kings will stay put or go to Seattle.
The NBA’s Board of Governors are meeting to decide whether a deal between the Maloofs and a Seattle group is allowed to move forward. The Seattle group spoke first, followed by a Sacramento group who wants to purchase the team and keep it in the capitol city.
Mayor Kevin Johnson is in Dallas for the meeting and told CBS13 this morning he won’t get into a bidding war with the Seattle group.
“If I was up in Seattle I’d probably be fighting and clawing to do whatever was necessary as well,” said Mayor Kevin Johnson. “They’re a great NBA city. We want them to get a team someday, just not our team.”
The lead investor of the Sacramento team, Vivek Ranadive, is presenting at the meeting.
The NBA Relocation Committee voted unanimously in April to recommend denying a possible move. The Board of Governors are expected to vote the same way.