Decision Day Arrives For Kings

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Today is decision day for Sacramento, when we could find out whether or not the Kings will stay put or go to Seattle.

The NBA’s Board of Governors are meeting to decide whether a deal between the Maloofs and a Seattle group is allowed to move forward. The Seattle group spoke first, followed by a Sacramento group who wants to purchase the team and keep it in the capitol city.

Mayor Kevin Johnson is in Dallas for the meeting and told CBS13 this morning he won’t get into a bidding war with the Seattle group.

“If I was up in Seattle I’d probably be fighting and clawing to do whatever was necessary as well,” said Mayor Kevin Johnson. “They’re a great NBA city. We want them to get a team someday, just not our team.”

The lead investor of the Sacramento team, Vivek Ranadive, is presenting at the meeting.

The NBA Relocation Committee voted unanimously in April to recommend denying a possible move. The Board of Governors are expected to vote the same way.

  • NBA board members arriving for meeting to decide future of Sacramento Kings – Sacramento |

    […] or stay in Sacramento, and then …NBA to vote on future of Sacramento Kings todayNews10.netDecision Day Arrives For KingsCBS LocalExpecting NBA vote Wednesday to end Seattle Sonics, Sacramento Kings tug-of […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
The Taz Show
LIVE: Monday through Friday from 6am – 6pm ET

Listen Live